GOOD NEWS, NURSES!
You can now renew your PRC license online. For more information and step-by-step process, please visit this link: How to Renew PRC License Online.
And it’s that time of the year again, whether we are actively practicing or not, it is our obligation and part of our duty as a Registered Nurse to renew our PRC license every 3 years. Our license is the only proof that we are capable and competent to practice our profession here in Philippines. I renewed mine last February 2 and after 2 weeks, I got my license. Surprisingly, they didn’t get my old license. Honestly, renewing can be an inconvenience especially if you have to file a leave of absence just to renew your license.
What you need to prepare
Here are the things you must bring in order to have a hassle-free transaction with PRC.
1. Duly accomplished PRC Renewal form.
2. Passport sized ID photo. Photo should be a close-up shot in white background with complete name tag.
3. Photo copy of recent PRC license (front and back).
4. Old PRC license card for verification. If lost, the applicant shall submit notarized Affidavit of Loss with photocopy of any valid ID (with picture and signature).
5. P450 for renewal fee.
In case of lost professional ID card which is still current, the applicant shall submit a notarized Affidavit of Loss.
In case of destroyed professional ID card, the applicant shall surrender the destroyed card.
Process of Renewal
1. Fill-out your PRC Renewal Form and paste your passport size picture on the intended box. You may get your Renewal Form from the Information Window, the one near the entrance. Use a black pen and write in PRINT.
2. Submit duly accomplish Renewal Form to Window 17.
3. Wait for your name to be called at Window 19. Personnel will give you a printed renewal application form.
4. Pay the renewal fee of P450.00 to the cashier at Windows 33, 34 or 35.
5. Claim your professional license as scheduled in your claim stub. Waiting period is 1-2 weeks and remember that claiming of ID is from 8:00am to 4:00pm only. Submit your claim stub to Window 25 and wait your name to be called at Window 30. If you are sending another person to claim your professional license, make sure that person has an Authorization Letter and a photocopy of valid ID of authorized representative.
1. Be early. The line can get crazy.
2. Dress properly. (No slippers, shorts, sando, plunging neckline dress, spaghetti straps and strapless dresses and other unprofessional-looking attires)
3. As of to date, there is no more Fast ID and door-to-door delivery service.
4. Bring your own glue and a good black ballpen.
5. Bring your all your requirements.
6. You can now renew your license via select SM malls if you do’t want to brave the crowds and the heat of the main PRC headquarters. There are small additional fees such as P50 for the processing fee and P80 if you want to have your ID shipped to your residence directly. I heard it takes longer before you get your ID (around 2-3 months) so I think it’s better to go the main office if you need the license ASAP.
I hope this post can help you in a way. If you have further question or suggestions feel free to leave a message below.
References: Renewal of Professional ID