How To Renew Your PRC License

//Edit

GOOD NEWS, NURSES!

You can now renew your PRC license online. For more information and step-by-step process, please visit this link: How to Renew PRC License Online.

Thank you!

And it’s that time of the year again, whether we are actively practicing or not, it is our obligation and part of our duty as a Registered Nurse to renew our PRC license every 3 years. Our license is the only proof that we are capable and competent to practice our profession here in Philippines. I renewed mine last February 2 and after 2 weeks, I got my license. Surprisingly, they didn’t get my old license. Honestly, renewing can be an inconvenience especially if you have to file a leave of absence just to renew your license.

What you need to prepare

Here are the things you must bring in order to have a hassle-free transaction with PRC.

1. Duly accomplished PRC Renewal form.
2. Passport sized ID photo. Photo should be a close-up shot in white background with complete name tag.
3. Photo copy of recent PRC license (front and back).
4. Old PRC license card for verification. If lost, the applicant shall submit notarized Affidavit of Loss with photocopy of any valid ID (with picture and signature).
5. P450 for renewal fee.

In case of lost professional ID card which is still current, the applicant shall submit a notarized Affidavit of Loss.
In case of destroyed professional ID card, the applicant shall surrender the destroyed card.

Process of Renewal

1. Fill-out your PRC Renewal Form and paste your passport size picture on the intended box. You may get your Renewal Form from the Information Window, the one near the entrance. Use a black pen and write in PRINT.

Renewal form can be downloaded from their official website prc.gov.ph or here.

2. Submit duly accomplish Renewal Form to Window 17.
3. Wait for your name to be called at Window 19. Personnel will give you a printed renewal application form.
4. Pay the renewal fee of P450.00 to the cashier at Windows 33, 34 or 35.
5. Claim your professional license as scheduled in your claim stub. Waiting period is 1-2 weeks and remember that claiming of ID is from 8:00am to 4:00pm only. Submit your claim stub to Window 25 and wait your name to be called at Window 30. If you are sending another person to claim your professional license, make sure that person has an Authorization Letter and a photocopy of valid ID of authorized representative.

Tips

1. Be early. The line can get crazy.
2. Dress properly. (No slippers, shorts, sando, plunging neckline dress, spaghetti straps and strapless dresses and other unprofessional-looking attires)
3. As of to date, there is no more Fast ID and door-to-door delivery service.
4. Bring your own glue and a good black ballpen.
5. Bring your all your requirements.
6. You can now renew your license via select SM malls if you do’t want to brave the crowds and the heat of the main PRC headquarters. There are small additional fees such as P50 for the processing fee and P80 if you want to have your ID shipped to your residence directly. I heard it takes longer before you get your ID (around 2-3 months) so I think it’s better to go the main office if you need the license ASAP.

I hope this post can help you in a way. If you have further question or suggestions feel free to leave a message below.

References: Renewal of Professional ID

Article by Gracey

I’m a Registered nurse and working in Emergency Room department. I’m a lover of rain, mountains, and moody oceans. This blog is about my lifestyle and personal thoughts.

This Article Has 317 Comments
  1. Maryel Gaertner says:

We would like to ask regarding the renewal of our license. We are currently working here in ksa, we renewed through online,we paid and We already have the claim slip. The problem is we werent able to get it on the said date we would like to ask if we can still claim it by the end of our contract here in ksa…which will be on september or october 2017.
    thank you.
    Hoping for your warm reply.

2. LOUIELA B BAYANG says:

Ma’am ask ko lng kng pede po ba irenew yng license ko for teacher almost 15 years ng hindi na renew mula pgkapasok ko sa job ko..salamat sa time

3. Jennifer P Ogoc says:

Hi ask ko lang panu pag hndi ako nakapunta sa date na na-set ko iaallow pa po ba nila?? Thanks!

4. benilda says:

nakakuha na ko schedule online and nakapagbayad na rin, pede ko ba sya kunin ng AM kahit ang schedule ko is PM?

5. Emman says:

6 months before maexpire pwede na irenew.

6. isadora says:

for online application can i retrieve my card after 3 months? i am an ofw and i want renew my licence online but to get the card during my vacation. thank you

7. rico says:

Hi Ms. Grace! Looking for answers got me here in your website. I am a nurse. My PRC ID or license will expire on September 2017. But, I lost my PRC ID. Do I still need to get a duplicate so I can renew? Or can I renew before September even without the recent ID?
    Thank you!

8. Yen says:

Ask ko lang po if magkano ung penalty. Last 2016 pa kasi na expire yung license ko. Thank you.

9. bea jimenez says:

hi may i ask how to change po ung location for renewal ng license? tnx

10. jOHN says:

pAANO po ba if d ko maalala license number ko po?

11. christy says:

Hi,eaallow po ba ng prc yung renewal if as of this time hindi ko pinapractice and profession ko?

12. katrina says:

hi.. good am i tried renewing my license through online but i got “request denied, for verification please proceed to the nearest PRC office”
    should i proceed the main office without online renewal?

hope you can help me…

thanks 🙂

kat

13. remz says:

can i still renew even my expiration date is still on nov. 2018???

14. rima cubil says:

ask ko lng po kasi nagfile ako initial registration sa iloilo then di ko po naclaim yong license id ko tapos ngayon ay expired na sya 4 years ago ano po yong gagawin ko kasi nawala din po yong claim stub ko. mag renew po sna ako kaso di ko man alam yong license # ko.

15. ria says:

good day pwde bang iapply ng sabay ang renewal ng lisence and change name and status almost 6years ko ng d renew tnx

16. Annie says:

Hello, my PRC expired ages ago, and since I am planning to go back home to the Philippines soon, I would like to renew
    my PRC card just in case I still want to practice legally as Nurse. I am based in UK and registered with the NMC.

17. Nicole says:

Hi! Can I renew my license kahit di pa birthmonth ko ths year?

18. Khymm Abu says:

Hu po! Aug. 2018 pa po expire ng license ko..pwede na po ba irenew? Thank you.

19. Chris Anne says:

Hi po. May maximum years po ba bago makapagrenew ng license? 2019 pa po ung expire kaso gusto ko sana habulin dahil sa CPD. Thanks!

20. lizbeth says:

Pede na bang magrenew november 2018 pa ang expiry ng license ko..