How To Renew Your PRC License

//Edit

GOOD NEWS, NURSES!

You can now renew your PRC license online. For more information and step-by-step process, please visit this link: How to Renew PRC License Online.

Thank you!

And it’s that time of the year again, whether we are actively practicing or not, it is our obligation and part of our duty as a Registered Nurse to renew our PRC license every 3 years. Our license is the only proof that we are capable and competent to practice our profession here in Philippines. I renewed mine last February 2 and after 2 weeks, I got my license. Surprisingly, they didn’t get my old license. Honestly, renewing can be an inconvenience especially if you have to file a leave of absence just to renew your license.

What you need to prepare

Here are the things you must bring in order to have a hassle-free transaction with PRC.

1. Duly accomplished PRC Renewal form.
2. Passport sized ID photo. Photo should be a close-up shot in white background with complete name tag.
3. Photo copy of recent PRC license (front and back).
4. Old PRC license card for verification. If lost, the applicant shall submit notarized Affidavit of Loss with photocopy of any valid ID (with picture and signature).
5. P450 for renewal fee.

In case of lost professional ID card which is still current, the applicant shall submit a notarized Affidavit of Loss.
In case of destroyed professional ID card, the applicant shall surrender the destroyed card.

Process of Renewal

1. Fill-out your PRC Renewal Form and paste your passport size picture on the intended box. You may get your Renewal Form from the Information Window, the one near the entrance. Use a black pen and write in PRINT.

Renewal form can be downloaded from their official website prc.gov.ph or here.

2. Submit duly accomplish Renewal Form to Window 17.
3. Wait for your name to be called at Window 19. Personnel will give you a printed renewal application form.
4. Pay the renewal fee of P450.00 to the cashier at Windows 33, 34 or 35.
5. Claim your professional license as scheduled in your claim stub. Waiting period is 1-2 weeks and remember that claiming of ID is from 8:00am to 4:00pm only. Submit your claim stub to Window 25 and wait your name to be called at Window 30. If you are sending another person to claim your professional license, make sure that person has an Authorization Letter and a photocopy of valid ID of authorized representative.

Tips

1. Be early. The line can get crazy.
2. Dress properly. (No slippers, shorts, sando, plunging neckline dress, spaghetti straps and strapless dresses and other unprofessional-looking attires)
3. As of to date, there is no more Fast ID and door-to-door delivery service.
4. Bring your own glue and a good black ballpen.
5. Bring your all your requirements.
6. You can now renew your license via select SM malls if you do’t want to brave the crowds and the heat of the main PRC headquarters. There are small additional fees such as P50 for the processing fee and P80 if you want to have your ID shipped to your residence directly. I heard it takes longer before you get your ID (around 2-3 months) so I think it’s better to go the main office if you need the license ASAP.

I hope this post can help you in a way. If you have further question or suggestions feel free to leave a message below.

References: Renewal of Professional ID

Article by Gracey

I’m a Registered nurse and working in Emergency Room department. I’m a lover of rain, mountains, and moody oceans. This blog is about my lifestyle and personal thoughts.

This Article Has 317 Comments
  1. Annalern punzalan says:

Hi! Nag reg na ko online sa prc for request of renewal of my licemse, what is tje possible cause of request denied, go to the nearest prc?thank you very much

2. Jan says:

Hi! Bakit po Morning yung lumalabas dun sa transaction schedule kht PM po yung piliin ko na schedule for claiming the ID.

Thanks!

3. Mirta1979 says:

Hello blogger, do you monetize your website ? There is easy way to earn decent money every
    month, just search on youtube – How to earn with wordai 4

4. Joan says:

Need n b cpe now 4 renewal?

5. Argina says:

Ask q Sana f nagxpired prc license Kung mag take ulit new exam…

6. Alfa says:

Hi can i renew my licenced this aug 2017. Aug 2018 pa expiry q e. At kung totoo na na move and cpd units to january2018?wala p as of now required?thx

7. Jossa Rey says:

Hello mam ask q lang po pwede q na ba irenew license q dis coming aug. 18 .. aug 18, 2018 pa po expired ang i.d ko po. Tnx

8. Ivy says:

Thanks so much, this is really helpful. We do enjoy the same thing, rains mountains,ocean and other nature related things. Again, thanks

9. Mich says:

Hi does anybody know how many years is the expiry date for recently renewed license this year 2017 for nurses? Is it 5 years? or still 3 years after?
    Thanks!

10. Connie santos says:

How aboutt if the license is expired for 6.years?

11. Jen says:

Hi. Just wanna ask… if my license expired sept. 1, 2017. Can i rene on sept 20, 2017. Is there penalty of some sort. Pls reply. Thanks.

12. Marbick Emm Valencia says:

Hi maam, pwede na po ba magrenew ngayong september 2017 kung February 2018 pa ang expiration? Hahabol lang po kasi para hindi makasabay sa cpd. Please reply maam, punta po kasi ako ng legaspi next week. Thank you and Godbless.

13. Joy Bonete says:

Hello Gracey,

Joy here.pwede ko kaya marenew na ang license ko ngayong December kahit Oct 2018 pa mg eexpire ang license ko? Nasa out of country kasi ako. At db my CPD units na kailangan imaintain? Papano ba yun? Salamat ng marami

14. Hanz says:

Hi, my license expired in July 2015. I haven’t been practicing nursing since 2012. Are there any special requirements for my case like retraining/reexamination? Regards.

15. Elle says:

Hi po,ask ko lng if Pwede ko na ma renew yong lisensya ko kahit yong expitation pa nya id May 10,2018?

16. Aj says:

Good day po! Ask ko lang po pwede na po ba ako mag renew ng license this oct. Kahit 2019 pa ang expiration date niya. mag work po kasi ako sa abroad for 3years contract. Tnx

17. John says:

Miss good day. Do you have an idea how much per year and fee ng expired PRC (Nursing) license once rerenew?

18. myra says:

19. myra says:

I tried to have my online id renewal . All fields are filled up but the system does not accept my application . My ID has been expired for 17 years already . Can i apply for id renewal before December 2017 without taking cpd units? Please help.

20. Liezel says:

Hello mam, ask ko lang po. Nagrenew kac ako ng prc id last April 2017, ok nman yung id nun. Pero napansn ko ngayon nagfade xa… Yung sa picture at bar code d na maidentify…
    Pwede po ba akong bumalik at magpaduplicate?
    May babayaran pa ba?