How To Renew Your PRC License

//Edit

GOOD NEWS, NURSES!

You can now renew your PRC license online. For more information and step-by-step process, please visit this link: How to Renew PRC License Online.

Thank you!

And it’s that time of the year again, whether we are actively practicing or not, it is our obligation and part of our duty as a Registered Nurse to renew our PRC license every 3 years. Our license is the only proof that we are capable and competent to practice our profession here in Philippines. I renewed mine last February 2 and after 2 weeks, I got my license. Surprisingly, they didn’t get my old license. Honestly, renewing can be an inconvenience especially if you have to file a leave of absence just to renew your license.

What you need to prepare

Here are the things you must bring in order to have a hassle-free transaction with PRC.

1. Duly accomplished PRC Renewal form.
2. Passport sized ID photo. Photo should be a close-up shot in white background with complete name tag.
3. Photo copy of recent PRC license (front and back).
4. Old PRC license card for verification. If lost, the applicant shall submit notarized Affidavit of Loss with photocopy of any valid ID (with picture and signature).
5. P450 for renewal fee.

In case of lost professional ID card which is still current, the applicant shall submit a notarized Affidavit of Loss.
In case of destroyed professional ID card, the applicant shall surrender the destroyed card.

Process of Renewal

1. Fill-out your PRC Renewal Form and paste your passport size picture on the intended box. You may get your Renewal Form from the Information Window, the one near the entrance. Use a black pen and write in PRINT.

Renewal form can be downloaded from their official website prc.gov.ph or here.

2. Submit duly accomplish Renewal Form to Window 17.
3. Wait for your name to be called at Window 19. Personnel will give you a printed renewal application form.
4. Pay the renewal fee of P450.00 to the cashier at Windows 33, 34 or 35.
5. Claim your professional license as scheduled in your claim stub. Waiting period is 1-2 weeks and remember that claiming of ID is from 8:00am to 4:00pm only. Submit your claim stub to Window 25 and wait your name to be called at Window 30. If you are sending another person to claim your professional license, make sure that person has an Authorization Letter and a photocopy of valid ID of authorized representative.

Tips

1. Be early. The line can get crazy.
2. Dress properly. (No slippers, shorts, sando, plunging neckline dress, spaghetti straps and strapless dresses and other unprofessional-looking attires)
3. As of to date, there is no more Fast ID and door-to-door delivery service.
4. Bring your own glue and a good black ballpen.
5. Bring your all your requirements.
6. You can now renew your license via select SM malls if you do’t want to brave the crowds and the heat of the main PRC headquarters. There are small additional fees such as P50 for the processing fee and P80 if you want to have your ID shipped to your residence directly. I heard it takes longer before you get your ID (around 2-3 months) so I think it’s better to go the main office if you need the license ASAP.

I hope this post can help you in a way. If you have further question or suggestions feel free to leave a message below.

References: Renewal of Professional ID

Article by Gracey

I’m a Registered nurse and working in Emergency Room department. I’m a lover of rain, mountains, and moody oceans. This blog is about my lifestyle and personal thoughts.

This Article Has 317 Comments
  1. Myco says:

Naexpire na po license ko last may 2017. ano po kelangan ko gawin?

2. bern says:

panO po kung 2013 p eXpired ung license? mgkanO po kya bbyran?

3. bern says:

pano po kung 2013 p eXpired ung license? mgkano po kya babayaran?

4. Zoy says:

Good day Miss Grace. My license expiry date is on October 2018, can I renew my license this October 2017 so I will not be required with the cpd units. Thank you so much.

5. Vincent says:

Hi, I’m a june 2012 board passer but til now 2017 di parin po ako nakakapagregister, pwede pa po ba akong makapag-register at makuha ang nursing license ko without undergoing schooling again or getting another RLE cases? Maraming Salamat po…

6. John says:

Hi. 🙂 If you lost your ID, how much is the reissue fee? Is it also 450 php? Thanks, Grace!

7. ariane says:

good pm po ask ko lang po kung pwd ng irenew ung license kahit 2019 pa ung expiration.salamat po

8. Seggy says:

Maam okay lang ba for example nakapagappointment ng nov. 15, pwede ba pumunta ng mas early like 1 week before?? Reply asap. Thanks

9. FirstDarla says:

I have noticed you don’t monetize your blog, don’t waste your traffic,
    you can earn additional cash every month because you’ve got hi quality
    content. If you want to know how to make extra bucks, search for: Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative

10. Joyce says:

Hi, kahit po available na online application, pede pa rin bang mag walk in sa prc?

11. Jen says:

Hi ma’am, ask ko Lang po if Pwede n ba ako mag renew ng I’d if sept 2018 p maeexpire?
    Thanks!

12. Pol says:

Year end is coming I am trying to renew my License thru online but there’s no more available date and time (slots) up until the end of the year. Can I just go to the main Office or Regional Office to renew my license?

13. JAZZY says:

Good eve ma’am I just want to ask if pwede bang maka pagrenew ako bukas Nov.24,2015 kahit January 7,2018 pa aq mag eexpire….Mayroon kasi akong kilalang guro na hindi nakapagrew kahit dec 2018 xa mag eexpire.

14. rena says:

Good day.nag online application po ako last nov.17, lumabas po yung code then binayaran ko sa pera hub ng western union.check po nmin ulit knina para iprint yung claim stub kaso no existing transaction po ang lumalabas

15. Elsa s. Lapuz says:

Gud am. What if pwd ang magrerenew ng licensed? Although he is a pwd he can still performs his duty. Thanks in advance for the reply

16. FirstElias says:

I have noticed you don’t monetize your blog, don’t waste
    your traffic, you can earn additional bucks every month because you’ve got hi quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra bucks, search for:
    Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative